What is Pilates?
Clinical Pilates focus’ on improving flexibility, posture, balance and strength for people of all ages and abilities. Alongside being a rehabilitation tool for managing injuries, Pilates is also beneficial for general health and fitness.
This is completed in our state of the art studio where we used specialised equipment to assist and challenge clients dependant on their individual circumstance.
The Initial Assessment
The initial introductory class is a one-on-one session with a qualified Osteopath and is designed to familiarize you with the Pilates apparatus. During the session your ability and injuries will be assessed to allow us to determine your Pilates level.
After completing your initial assessment, you will be able to join classes using our online booking system. In these sessions an individualised program will be utilised during the group sessions to see optimise progress and success towards each client’s goal.
Please note Pilates grip socks are a requirement at our studio for your safety. These can be purchased at the clinic for $15.00.
General Class information
There will be a maximum of 4 people to one instructor per class. Class sizes are kept small to with a focus on individual needs being catered to.
Classes run for 45 minutes at varying times throughout the day and Saturday mornings. Morning and evening classes are available. Please click here to see our Pilates timetable.
The initial introductory one-one class will cost $85.00, which is booked and paid for at reception at our Pilates Melton location.
From there all classes are booked online through the PILATES BOOK NOW link on the ‘Home’ page of this website.
Please note you cannot book online until you have attended your initial introductory one on one session
Packages available are as follows:
- Single session – $45.00
- 5 Session Pack – $200.00
- 10 Session Pack – $375.00
- 20 Session Pack – $665.00
- *VIP Monthly membership – $146.00 (1 session per week)
- *VIP Gold Monthly membership – $146.00 (2 sessions per week)
*Terms and conditions apply for the VIP Monthly membership. The membership is a minimum monthly contract of 6 months. Further information can be found via our MindBody site (The ‘BOOK NOW’ link) or please contact the clinic on 9747 0077 if you have any further questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many classes are recommended?
The recommended amount of session can vary differs from person-to-person. We suggest attending 10 weekly sessions to begin. This will allow you to observe a noticeable different in your injury, posture, strength and flexibility.
What do I need to bring?
Pilates socks are required to participate in clinical Pilates at our studio. We also recommend you bring a water bottle and a small towel.
What if I want to attend a private class?
One-one private classes will run at a cost of $85 per class and are programmed at various times throughout the week.
Once your practitioner feels you are experienced enough, there will also be an opportunity for you to attend unsupervised/open-gym sessions at the cost of $18 per hour.
Bookings for these sessions can be made via the BOOK PILATES NOW link in the Bookings tab on this page
What if I can't attend a class?
Our online booking system allows you to book and attend the class that suit you. If you find you can’t make an appointment that you have previously scheduled, log into your account and remove yourself from the class.
Please note a minimum of 7 hours notice is required when cancelling or you will forfeit the class.
A cancellation fee will apply to 3rd party clients on a cancellation of less than 7 hours notice.
Our clinically trained Osteopaths Tegan Smith, Daniel Cabai, Emma Dunster, Peta Antonello and Amanda Chandler take the Pilates one-on-one sessions and group classes. All of our instructors have undertaken specific Clinical Pilates training, as well as being Osteopaths at Western Region Osteopathy for many years. You can see our Pilates trained osteopaths here.
Booking your initial introductory one on one session can be done with our Reception staff at our Pilates Melton location, on 9747 0077. Once you have completed your one on one session then you can then book your classes online via the the ‘BOOK NOW’ link page on this website.
How to book online
- Click ‘BOOK PILATES NOW’
- If you are new to our site enter your name and surname in the ‘’new to our site’’. You are about to create your online profile.
- New patients will need to enter their contact details and login details. Then press the “create account” button. Please remember your username and password. You will require these for future bookings.
- Returning customers can enter their username and password in the “been here before” section.
- On the top right hand side there are 3 tabs (classes, my info and online store). Click the “online store” button to purchase classes. Select “class type” in the drop down box.
- You can choose how many classes you want to purchase (single session, 5 classes, 10 classes, 20 classes or our VIP program). Select class by clicking on “class type”. Please note that all classes have an expiry date in which classes must be used by.
- Press the “checkout” button once happy with your selection.
- Enter your credit card/debit card details to purchase and proceed to checkout. Press the “place order” button to complete purchase.
- Click the “Classes” button to view the schedule of classes. This is where you can decide what classes you would like to attend.
- Click “make a reservation” either by selecting a single class or booking a weekly reoccurring Pilates class.
- In the info section you will be able to view your schedule and cancel your classes. Please note you have 7 hours to cancel or reschedule class if you are unable to attend, or you unfortunately receive a ‘late cancel’ and forfeit that class
Helpful information for your Pilates bookings:
- You can log in to your account at any time to manage your own bookings in Pilates.
- You can download the mindbody connect app on your smartphone to manage your Pilates schedule.
- Please be mindful of the expiry date on your classes, and the 7 hour cancellation policy.
- If you select a reoccurring class you still have the option of changing class times if you are unable to make a class due to other commitments, simply cancel the class you can’t attend and select another class.
- It is recommended you be proactive and book the class you wish to attend as soon as possible, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that if you have attended the same class and time that this class will be available.
- We strongly suggest that you book early to avoid disappointment.
- You must attend a one on one introductory session with an Osteopath/Pilates Instructor before you attend your first class. Please call the clinic on 9747 0077 to make this appointment, this is not done online.